I would like to welcome you to my positive word blog, please read, listen, and enjoy, God bless you!

Please take some time for yourself, and listen to some positive music from my playlist. And if you want to you can also watch the video to the song you are listening to from my playlist by just clicking on to the word video in the music symbol box found in the left hand corner of my playlist box.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog, and please remember you are more than welcome to follow this blog if you like, so you can come back here and read some good word, and listen to some good music when ever you want, for that extra pick up we all need every now and then.

Thanks again, may God bless you in all you do, and please alway live a positive
LIFE !!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Be Filled at All Times

Do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but ever be filled and stimulated with the [Holy] Spirit.

(Ephesians 5:18)

It is important for you to know that you are instructed in God's Word to "ever be filled" with the Spirit-that is, to be filled at all times.

To do that, it is necessary to give Him first place in our lives. Often this requires discipline, because many other things demand our time and attention. There are many things we want and need, but nothing is more important than God. Seeking God daily through His Word and spending time with Him is the key to staying filled with His presence. An Attitude of gratitude is also very helpful, as is guarding our thoughts carefully.

The Holy Spirit never goes away; once He takes up occupancy, He settles in and refuses to leave. But it is important that we keep ourselves stirred up in spiritual things. Anything that is hot can grow cold if the fire goes out.

I went through a six-month period of time when God forbade me to ask for anything except more of Him. It was a great discipline in drawing near to Him on a deeper level of intimacy than I had known before. I would start to say, "God, I need _____," then I would stop myself as I remembered His instruction to me. I would finish my sentence with, "more of You."

God gives us everything we need; and He knows what we need before we ask for it. If we delight ourselves in Him and hunger for Him, He will also give us our hearts' desires. I encourage you, today and every day, to keep yourself filled with the Holy Spirit and to want more of God than anything else. He'll take care of the rest.

God's WORD FOR YOU TODAY: Be sure you're always "filled up" with the Holy Spirit.

Page 21
hearing from God each morning 365 Daily Devotions
By: Joyce Meyer

please remember in your heart all ways that God loves you.

Life Point (below)
Page 1943 in the Amplified Bible

Ephesians 5:18-20 is such a powerful passage! How can we obey it and stay ever filled with the Holy Spirit? We can do it by speaking to ourselves (through our thoughts) or to others (through our words) in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs. We need to keep our thoughts and words full of God's Word by continuously offering praise and giving thanks to Him.





No comments:

Post a Comment