I would like to welcome you to my positive word blog, please read, listen, and enjoy, God bless you!

Please take some time for yourself, and listen to some positive music from my playlist. And if you want to you can also watch the video to the song you are listening to from my playlist by just clicking on to the word video in the music symbol box found in the left hand corner of my playlist box.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog, and please remember you are more than welcome to follow this blog if you like, so you can come back here and read some good word, and listen to some good music when ever you want, for that extra pick up we all need every now and then.

Thanks again, may God bless you in all you do, and please alway live a positive
LIFE !!!!!!!!!!

Friday, December 7, 2012

How to deal with Discouragement

AS THE hart pants and longs for the water brooks, so I pant and long for You, O God.

(Psalm 42:1)

(putting the WORD to work) - page 856 - (Amplified Bible)

Psalm 42:1 tells of a deer that longs for a refreshing stream. On a hot day, knowing about water does nothing to quench you thirst; only drinking water does. The same is true of your desire for God. Have you ever longed for more than just information about God? God wants you to experience Who He is. Seek Him, and He will satisfy your desire to know Him intimately.

My inner self thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and behold the face of God? [John 7:37; I Thess. 1:9, 10.]

My tears have been my food day and night, while men say to me all day long, Where is your God?

These things I [earnestly] remember and pour myself out within me; how I went slowly before the throng and led them in procession to the house of God [like a bandmaster before his band, timing the steps to the sound of music and the chant of the song], with the voice of shouting and praise, a throng keeping festival.

Why are you cast down, O my inner self? And why should you moan over me and be disquieted within me? Hope in God and wait expectantly for Him, for I shall yet praise Him, my Help and my God.

O my God, may life is cast down upon me [and I find the burden more than I can bear]; therefore will I [earnestly] remember You from the land of the Jordan [River] and the [summits of Mount] Hermon, from the little mountain Mizar.

(Psalm 42: 2-6)

(Lift Point) page 856 in Amplified Bible

In Psalm 42:5, we see the sons of Korah struggling with depression. I would like for us to examine how they handled their situation, because it shows us what to do when we are feeling depressed.

As we dissect this verse, we see three distinct responses the sons of Korah give to their depressed feelings. First, they put a question to their own souls and ask themselves;  "Why are you downcast?"

Then they give an instruction to their souls: "Put your hope in God." Finally, they declare what they are going to do: "I will praise the Lord." We might say the sons of Korah have a talk with themselves.

We must follow this same basic pattern of action as we confront our feelings of depression and come out of them and into victory.

In Psalm 42:5, the psalmist is discouraged. Discouragement destroys hope, so naturally the devil always tries to discourage us. Without hope we give up, which is exactly what the devil wants us to do.

The Bible repeatedly tells us not to be discouraged or dismayed. God knows that we will not be victorious if we get discouraged, so He always encourages us as we start out on a project by saying to us, "Do not get discouraged." God wants us to be encouraged, not discouraged.

When discouragement or condemnation tries to overtake you, the first thing to do is to examine your thought life. What kind of thoughts have you been thinking? Have they sounded something like this? I am not going to make it; this is too hard. I always fail; it has always been the same. Nothing ever changes. I am sure other people do not have this much trouble getting their minds renewed. I may as well give up. I'm tired of trying. I pray, but it seems as if God doesn't hear. He probably doesn't answer my prayers because He is so disappointed in the way I act.

If these examples represent your thoughts, then no wonder you get discouraged or feel condemned! Remember, you become what you think. Think discouraging thoughts, and you will get discouraged. Think condemning thoughts, and you will come under condemnation. Change your thinking and be set free!

Instead of thinking negatively, think more like this: Well, things are going a little slowly, but, thank God, I am making some progress, I am sure glad I'm on the right path that will lead me to freedom. I had a rough day yesterday. I chose wrong thinking all day long. Father, forgive me, and help me to keep on keeping on. I made a mistake, but at least that is one mistake I won't have to make again. This is a new day. You love me, Lord. Your mercy is new every morning. I refuse to be discouraged. I refuse to be condemned. Father, the Bible says that You do not condemn me. You sent Jesus to die for me. I'll be fine-today will be a great day. I ask You to help me choose right thoughts today.

I am sure you can already feel the victory in this type of cheerful, positive, God-like thinking. Practice this type of thinking today!

Page 857
The Everyday Life Bible
The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living
Amplified Version
FEATURING NOTES AND COMMENTARY BY: Joyce Meyer

And please all ways remember God love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment